I seriously think I'm mildly autistic. Well, maybe a little bit more than mild. I even have a few symptoms of my own. Like my bad habit, I peel and bite my lips. Well, maybe its not a bad habit. Its an autistic trait. Self inflicted abuse to get the sensory cells moving. My brother has this trait. He starts slapping his cheeks when he's stressed or when he's bored.
Which is exactly what I do. I start biting my lips whenever I'm stressed, anxious or have nothing better to do. I bite and peel until there's nothing left to bite or until my lip starts bleeding and starts hurting to high heaven.
Then I don't really look at people when I'm talking to them. I can't look directly into their eyes, anyway. I choose to stare at some other body part or start playing with my fingers or something else. Even when I psych myself up to looks someone in the eyes, I break the stare when the person looks back at me. It's very frustrating.
AND... it's a proven fact that siblings of autistic kids are slightly autistic show mild symptoms of autism and are usually slightly autistic. A proven fact.
No comments:
Post a Comment