Monday, September 14, 2009

Strength

Today I learned how to be thankful and to appreciate every waking moment with those I love.

I learned my lesson through another person, who is in many ways, just like me. Same age, same family make up, same ambition. We generally go through what every teenager goes through, but each of us has a little God-given twist in life. But that God-given twist in life is sort of what defines us in who we are and the way we face the world. And how we face the world is different from most other teenagers, because we deal with what most don't have to deal with.

But it's the magnitude of this twist that really gets to me. We are only tested with what God knows we are able to handle, but it amazes me at how much a person can handle and how much strength one ordinary person can muster just to get through life as normally as possible. Which just goes to show that there is so much more to a person than what meets the eye. Sometimes we don't see what really makes a person because we are so absorbed by the outside and maybe we're not looking inside.

Then its the way we face this twist that gets me thinking. Am I such a coward, that whenever things get tough, I shut myself out and let other people deal with the problem? Am I that huge of an idiot, to think that I have the worst problems in the world and that no one is going to be able to relate to me, much less help me? Am I this huge piece of crap who cowers away and hides, when a person just like me is battling their fears and problems with mental and emotional strength of a gladiator fighting a lion in high fashion gladiator sandals?

I think the answer is yes.

Imma change my selfish ways now. Problems or no problems, I'm going to face the world head on and take charge of my life. I'm going to walk on, with whatever life has given or is going to give me. And I'm going to deal with it.

So thanks, Umm. My heart and 1000% respect goes out to you.