I was having one of those days when nothing was going right. My mother was pestering me to join another tuition class, my homework was piling up, and I was getting really tired and stressed out. So there I was, in my own cloud of misery when my dad suddenly comes up to me all cheery and smiley and goes "Alaa, Nad. Why so sedih? Come, teman i makan goreng pisang. I'll make you a cup of Milo too. You know I make one hell of a Milo".
When a parent says something like that to you, that just lifts your spirits right back up, doesn't it? And its great people like your parents whom you almost always take for granted throughout your teenage life. I can't say this for everybody, but I know that half the time I hardly even think let alone acknowledge the things my parents do for the family, especially my dad. And those things they do for me, its just something that I think is always there and assume it will always be there. It's inevitable reality that someday they'll be gone and only then will I miss the things they do for me and regret the things I've done that had hurt them. But I continue taking them for granted and continue being the selfish person that I am. Man, I'm friggin' selfish but hey, I'm only human. Everybody does that. It just takes a little bit of self reflection to know what to really appreciate and what to keep in mind.
So hopefully, I'm going to change and I'm going to start appreciating the REAL things in my life. I'm not going to wait until my parents are gone before I start appreciating them and the things they do.
Spread the love. Hahahaha tibe-tibe.
Oh, and when he made me my cup of Milo, I went "Damn, Pa. This really is one hell of a Milo and my dad replied me with a "That's the shit right there". He's the greatest, I'm tellin' ya.
4 comments:
haha your dad cool gila
all my dad ever said was, 'indah, buat kopi satu utk ayah. bilaaa lagi nak buat kopi utk ayah kan? :>'
-_______-
aww nad.. i wanna trade dads with you!
saya tak amalkan sistem barter dlm hal-hal keluarga ye.
haha
lol... sistem wang? (or whatever you call the system that involves money)
Post a Comment