I don't like stereotypes. I don't like people who condemn others to being such a way, when they don't know the real deal. Its kind of degrading. You never have a chance to prove that you might be better than what people think, because that stereotype of you is already planted in their heads.
Example -- me. Although I have more guy friends compared to girlfriends, it doesn't mean that I'm some kind of attention craved slut who doesn't know boundaries. So don't condemn me to being some shitty valueless person with boyfriends left, right and center. I just get along better with guys because most of the girls in school are more interested in The Jonas Brothers, the color pink and boys, while I'm interested in bands, books, and Julian Casablancas.
So, please don't give me brands or labels. I'm just a little different, and that shred of difference makes me who I am. What's wrong with being a little more open-minded? And if any thoughts about first impressions crop up, impressions aren't exactly reality are they? That's why they're called IMPRESSions.
1 comment:
here here!
Post a Comment