Friday, May 29, 2009

Am I on MTV's Boiling Point?

My patience has been tested to its ultimate level by - guess who. My mother, of all people.

I don't know why, she just made me feel like screaming which isn't something that happens a lot. It started innocently enough, with her just wanting to check her e-mail. Then suddenly, I don't know how in heaven's name, she ended up all the way into one of my cousins profiles. Well, I didn't really care about that because she does have a kind of connection with my cousin. Its just an aunty wanting to see how her niece is doing.

Then, she went probing into my friends profiles. That was the part that pissed me off hugely. I mean, those are MY friends. Most of them she doesn't even know personally. I got so annoyed, I walked out of the room because I was worried I might just snatch the mouse away or scream at her unintentionally. And she just probed away for like an hour, while I was simmering silently in the living room and trying to take my mind off it.

After that, she came to the living room and I was watching this French movie on TV. As soon as she came, she started complaining loudly that she missed Boston Legal again. While she was complaining, I was going "You missed the show because you were too busy poking into peoples lives" in my head. After she was done complaining, she changed the channel without a word. Like she didn't even notice that I was watching that movie.

So, I stormed into my room, earning a few glares from my mother because I was being rude. And now, here I am.

I know that she's my mother and that I'm not supposed to be angry or rude to her. But please, do I not get a little respect and privacy as well? Its not like I have anything to hide about my friends, but I would love to keep some things private. And to have a bit of respect.

No comments: