Saturday, August 1, 2009

HELP

Well, I was partly wrong about today. I got the kick ass smart shithead part right, but they weren't kiasus or noobs. I was extremely grateful that I wasn't surrounded by nose-in-book studyheads and more heads-gone-somewhere-else kind of people. I like psychology students, they're psychotic in a way. Hahaha.

So, I shall give a somewhat full account of today, for my own benefit and for those who asked me but never got an answer because I am too lazy to type an SMS.

Let's see ... I went for breakfast at some mamak store which makes awesome mango lassi. I was going to order that but got a whacked on the head by my dad because he was afraid I would get diarrhoea in the middle of the competition. So, I ordered a coffee much to his surprise. Which I'm extremely thankful for because ...

At around 10, I had to sit through a THREE AND A HALF HOUR LECTURE. Yeah, that's around 210 minutes. Now, people who know me well enough would come to the simple conclusion that I must have fallen asleep halfway. Because that's what Nadia does, you see. But not this time. Through sheer determination and caffeine, I stayed awake for the full 210 minutes and took notes. See how dedicated I am at portraying the "I so deserve this bloody scholarship" image. But some knowledge must have seeped through my tiny brain because ...

After the lecture we had a quiz. It was more like KO rounds, because you had to take out 10 people in each round. So we started out with 30 people right, then 1st KO round, you take out 10 people and you're left with 20. Five minute break, 2nd KO round, you take out 10 and you're left with the final 10. And guess what! I made it into the final 10. Little ol' me, the kid from Kuantan among all the KL city kids, in the final 10. Whaddaya know? I beat 'cha Chinese city asses, suckaaa! Now, I'm not being racist here. From all my Chinese and Indian friends at school and tuition, you know I'm anything BUT racist. It's just that there were only 4 Malays in the top 30. So I was kinda smug to be one of the two left in the top 10. Okay?

Then there were the short answer questions. The KO rounds before were multiple choice, so you can kind of guess where I got my luck from, right? But obviously, I tersangkut at the short answer ones. Come on, man. Look at my exam papers and see my answers in the subjective papers. I talk pure bullshit when I don't know the answer. Ask my Sejarah teacher, she'll know how I bullshit my way through papers. So yes, the little ol' Kuantan girl got KO'ed at the final 10. How sad, let's all shed some tears for little ol' Kuantan girl.

On a happier note, I was glad to see that I didn't do too bad. I got 5th placing anyway, which is a pretty big deal, to me. 5th out of how many hundred applied. I got two insanely thick textbooks on psychology, a psychology dictionary (I didn't even know those existed), a pen, a notebook, a Schubert CD (I would have preferred a Kings of Leon or Radiohead, but you can't have everything) and a certificate. And I also met some awesome people. There's Ezza who an extremely sweet girl with an awesome family. Then there's Gwyneth who likes giving hugs to anybody she meets. There's also Justine who is so goddamn tall and thought my dad's name is Zulfeekee. There's also Mun Yee, whose name I thought was MONEY. And they're all Chinese kick ass smart shitheads. Except for Ezza, who's just a kick ass smart shithead, not Chinese.

So anyway, I don't feel so very Disappointed, Dejected and completely Down. I'm feeling Okay, Ordinary and nOrmal because I met nice people, proved to myself that I can survive long lectures, cemented my decision to do psychology and got lots of free stuff. Which is more of a gain, if you look at it that way.

And, that concludes the 9 o'clock news. Good night, everybody.

No comments: