I've been going through the process of getting my driver's license, probably the only productive thing I've been doing since SPM. This Wednesday's my JPJ test, and I gotta say, I'm kinda sad that after this will be the end of driving classes and the start of me... Driving. Wait, did I say I'm sad? *smacks forehead. Silly me.
First, the undang lecture. What I remember was that the first half of the lecture was given by this Malay dude with a pretty thick Pahang dialect. Thank God it was still comprehensible to me because yeah, I'm not great when it comes to funny Malay dialects. Heck, I'm not even great when it comes to the fricken' language, ask my old BM tuition teacher (Cikgu Maziah).
Anywho, this Pahang guy was really funny, even I could tell. Strangely enough, nobody was really laughing. Everyone was like.. dead. And he kept looking around, waiting for a response but yeah, everyone was like "Duh" or "zzzz". Poor guy.
The second half of the lecture was given by this Chinese guy who looked like a skinny teddy bear. And this guy pulak, had a thick Cheenah accent. And his favorite word was "kemungkinan". Only he pronounced it as "ker-moong-ki-nan".
Example : "You mau potong itu orang kaaan, you mesti check kereta dari opporseet (opposite) lane kerana kermoongkinan dia boleh langgar you sebab you mau mati cepat. Itu mesti ingat. Ker-moong-ki-nan".
Then of course would be dear driving instructor, Mr. Maniam. Whose real name is actually "Mani", but who wants to be called sperm? Give the guy a break.
Mani(am) is a short, tubby, bald and dark guy who is perpetually coughing and sniffling away. Everytime I have sat in the car with him, I don't think there was ever a session when he was silent and didn't sniffle. Or spit, for that matter. Yes, he spits. He snorts and coughs up a huge wad of mucus, winds down the window and "ptoooooi", out goes the booger, flying 4 feet through the air like some lethal mini missile and lands onto the road. Or on bad days, someone's car. Charming.
Mani(am) gets a lot of phone calls and his ringtone is great. Its an Indian song, that has this very repetitive pattern to it. We don't know what it says for sure, but Adele came up with "Apla apla jega lahi" and it fits, so.. Apla apla jega lahi all the way!
Now, the way I'm describing Mani(am), its like he's a really bad instructor but he's not all that bad. I think. Well, he doesn't yell or kick the car tyre when you don't park right like this other instructor I saw once. Man, that was ugly. I guess it's a relief for me, anyway, because my parking is probably the suckiest in the history of sucking. I don't need some dude kicking and screaming just because I knocked a pole down.
Anywayz, tomorrow (well fine, at 11am soon since its already 3.30am) is the last practice and the test is on Wednesday. After that, I'll have an important looking plastic card with my name on it that legalizes my erratic driving. So, expect some accidents.
2 comments:
I think we've got the same Cheenah apek. You forgot his bottle and his huge bottle of vitamins.
all driving school in Malaysia r quite d same. what i mean is all the "teachers" r weird.. not like usual teachers at usual school. wawawa. the classes (kpp wat soo ever) = boring.......????@@
Post a Comment